As a starting point and information for this new season of 2017 in the sector of fruits and vegetables, show some significant data and news both nationally and internationally.
At the national level, we highlight:
- The export of fresh fruits and vegetables in the first quarter of 2017 has increased by 11% in value compared to the same period of 2016, amounting to 4,096 million euros and decreased by 2% in volume, totaling 3, 5 million tons, According to data from the Department of Customs and Excise, under the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness, made public yesterday and processed by FEPEX.
- The consumption of fruit and vegetables in Spanish households in January and February 2017 compared to the same period in 2016 has increased by 2.5% to 1,779 million euros, and volume has fallen by 6% Totaling 1.188 million kilos, according to the latest data from the Food Consumption Panel of the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries, Food and Environment.
- A new national legislation for the promotion of fruit and vegetable consumption in schools is being developed. Royal Decree 511/2017 of 22 May, which develops the application in Spain of new EU regulations to promote the consumption of fruits, vegetables and milk in schools, has been published in the Official State Gazette And will be applied to the promotion programs to be developed in Spain from the next academic year 2016/2017. To Spain, 12.9 million euros correspond to the development of the school program for the distribution of fruits and vegetables.
At the international level, we highlight:
- The production of peaches, nectarines and apricots is expected to increase in the main European producing countries (Spain, Italy, France and Greece).
- EU-Canada: Provisional provisional application of CETA
- The EU’s largest non-EU supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables in 2016 has been South Africa with € 1.635 billion, according to Eurostat data processed by FEPEX, further strengthening its position as EU purchases increased by 4% Compared to 2016.
The main concern each year is to achieve the stability of our own business in the market, highly competitive, in order to be able to develop the activity and services of our company and face new challenges and developments that contribute to business growth in the market .
To this end, we are always working on putting new strategies and feasible opportunities for business volume and profitable in the short and medium term, therefore and according to the information gathered, there are new business initiatives to be taken into account, among them is: The development of a service for the distribution of fruits and vegetables in schools.
Some of these strategies for development and growth within the fruit and vegetable sector for this new season may be based on public tenders for which there are regulated plans, one of these options is the PLAN CONSUMPTION OF FRUITS AND VEGETABLES IN THE SCHOOLS.
In Spain will develop 14 strategies of consumption of fruits and vegetables in schools and has a budgetary allocation allocated by the autonomous communities that amounts to approximately 3.4 million euros. The main objectives of the plan are:
To increase in a lasting way the proportion of fruits and vegetables consumed during the stage of formation of the alimentary habits.
To get more children to know and taste the Fruits and Vegetables, discover their characteristics and properties and integrate these foods into their diet in a natural way.
The main products included are:
- Fresh fruit. Does not include nuts or nuts, fruits and oilseeds.
- Fresh vegetables in addition to all varieties of tomatoes.
- Minimally processed vegetables or IV Range. They are fresh vegetables, cleaned, sanitized, cut or not, packaged in modified atmospheres or not, and ready for direct consumption or once cooked.
- Orange juice, obtained from healthy and mature fruits, fresh or cold preserved, of one or more species, which possesses the characteristic color, aroma and flavor of the fruit juices from which it comes. The juice, the pulp and the cells that have been lost with the extraction can be reincorporated to the juice.
Logically, you have to know the bases of the competition and above all meet the requirements to work on this type of initiatives but a good strategy, well planned and with sufficient time frame can turn an opportunity into business.
To finish and summarize, indicate two of the fairs where you have to be in order to exchange information with other players in the sector.
Eurofruit 2017 Lleida Salón internacional de la fruta – Lleida, España. 28.09.2017 – 01.10.2017
A trade fair for suppliers of the fruit industry, it will concentrate in one place both the latest innovations in the fruit sector and the latest in equipment, machinery, and all kinds of utensils, related to the fruit and the agricultural sector. Which make this fair an important event for all professionals and companies related to the sector.
FRUIT ATTRACTION 2017 Madrid Feria de frutas y hortalizas – Madrid, España. 18.10.2017 – 20.10.2017
The International Fruit and Vegetable Fair will celebrate its ninth edition this year in which it will show us the latest technological innovations that can help the producer to obtain the maximum yield of his exploitation, and all the innovations and innovations related to this sector .
Let´s go for a good 2017 new season.